| Future Opportunities
Presented by Richard Woodward at the 2015 AGM
o Opportunities: Short Term:
* Work parties to keep the Dudley No2 free from Rubbish.
Monthly work parties with Hawne and Ringo along the
arm, with ad hoc trips to remove any reported
obstructions to navigation.
* Promote the Dudley No2 as an asset to the community:
* Walking Guide Windmill End to Hawne Basin –
* Visitor moorings and facilities at Hawne Basin to
encourage boat traffic along the canal.
* Open Weekend
* Grant funding applications for youth project and
Restoration will assist in the Trust’s work.
* Duke of Edinburgh residential course using Heritage
Boats is proving positive.
o Opportunities: Medium Term:
* Promote Project for Towpath improvements along Dudley
No2 from Gosty Tunnel to Hawne Basin - The next stage is
to pull funding together
* Partnerships for Further Improvement Works along the
Dudley No 2 - Discussions are under way with groups such
as Community Pay Back for help with Towpath
improvements and the Trust is exploring Lottery Funding
opportunities, especially regarding the restoration
beyond the stank.
o Opportunities: Long Term:
* Promote the Extension of the Dudley No2 Canal towards
Leasowes Park: This will obviously require considerable
funds, but the benefit of connecting the canal network to
the park will boost both canal and park as visitor
* Canal and River Trust are supportive of the project.
* Factory owners have agreed to give up part of their lease.
* CRT plan to incorporate surrendered section into our
*Our lease is in renewal process and we have initially been
offered a 25 year lease.
o Opportunities for You to join in:
* Sub-Committee for restoration of Dudley No. 2.
* Site Management Sub-Committee
* Volunteers for Work Parties – Basin & Canal.
* Volunteers for Social Group Catering, Ideas & Talks etc.
* Volunteers for project liaison (Towpath Improvement).
* Volunteers are needed to work on the Heritage Boats,
maintenance and crewing.